– Voyager 2's antenna misalignment caused communication loss.
– NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab restored full communication with the spacecraft.
– An interstellar "shout" was sent across the solar system for communication.
– Linda Spilker, lead mission scientist, expressed relief on regaining unique data.
– Contact was lost on July 21 due to an accidental command.
– On Tuesday, a faint carrier signal indicated Voyager 2 was still functioning.
– Extracting data remained challenging but confirmed the mission's operation.
– Suzanne Dodd, project manager, expressed concern over initially limited communication.