– Cinema owners worry about potential release calendar changes amid unresolved labor issues in Hollywood.
– Domestic box office revenue reaches $311.1 million during July 21-23, the fourth-biggest weekend ever.
– "Barbie" directed by Greta Gerwig opens to an impressive $162 million.
– Christopher Nolan's "Oppenheimer" surprises with $82.4 million, surpassing expectations for a three-hour biographical drama.
– Both movies achieve historical milestones: "Barbie" crosses $100 million, and "Oppenheimer" exceeds $50 million on opening weekend.
– The success of these films brings much-needed enthusiasm to Hollywood and theater owners.
– Exceptional box office performance acts as a shot of adrenaline for the industry.
– Uncertainty looms as studios and theater owners grapple with potential labor issues' impact on future releases.