– Senators Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Moran (R-Kan.), and Booker (D-NJ) release bipartisan draft legislation.
– The act aims to standardize name, image, and likeness (NIL) nationally for college athletes.
– It provides medical protections for college athletes.
– Blumenthal hails the draft as a "milestone step forward" for athletes.
– The alliance between the senators is surprising, representing a bipartisan effort.
– The legislation preempts most state NIL laws, setting a national policy.
– It establishes an NIL database for transparency.
– NCAA gains authority to enforce provisions with legal protection.